Sunday 30 October 2011

Viva Black-Vegas!!

Sunday, 30th October
13.7 Km (8.5 miles) - 2h:33min
Unbelievably on the penultimate day in October we completed this walk in t-shirts - the temeprature was around 14 degrees !!  The reason for visiting Blackpool was my father's annual holiday there. The excuse was there to walk from Blackpool up the coast to Fleetwood.
I have to say, and I don't want to sound snobbish, that Blackpool is still as gaudy as I remember it in my youth.  However, the Parkinson's Disease Society have held a week's event there and my parents have attended for a number of years.
The walk is very easy - ensure that the sea is on your left hand side and don't wander too far to the right ! It is also not a walk if you want solitude - the crowds were certainly out, and why not it was an absolutely glorious day.
If both Gill and I have any complaint it was that the whole walk was on concrete and both of us complained about sore feet and Gill ended up with some nasty blisters. 
Oh ! getting back ?  Thanks to the No. 14 bus which dropped us in the middle of town and left us with a half mile at the end getting back to our start point - a bit of a hobble if the truth be told.  Still, a very enjoyable walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment